How to test your baby’s DNA in the womb?

Fetal DNA extracted from mother's blood | Nature

Ideally, even if the couple separates, the man should assume his responsibilities as a father. The reality is that this is not always the case, and it is, therefore, necessary to carry out a legal trial. For this, laboratories such as a dnacentre provide you with a series of DNA tests you can use in court to demand child support from the father of your baby. It is not about “looking for money”, it’s about doing things for the benefit of the baby. From the 7th week of pregnancy, you can do a non invasive prenatal test. What the laboratory does is taking a blood sample from the mother to get the baby’s DNA. Then, it compares this DNA with the DNA provided in a saliva sample from the alleged father. It is a simple and very effective procedure.

The court takes care of everything

Pregnancy can be difficult for some women, especially when they do not have the support of their partners. When a woman sues the alleged father, the court takes action in order to help her. The first thing a judge will do is to demand a DNA test. Even if the father is not available because he is deceased or has left the country, it is possible to test with a DNA sample from an immediate family member, such as a sibling. Once the samples have been tested and the judge has the results, he or she can issue an order for the man to assume his financial responsibilities. As a woman, understand that the judge will also allow the father to have supervised visitation during the week. This is in order for the baby to also maintain contact with the father, as it is known to promote good psychological development.

What can you get from a deceased father?

If the baby’s father is deceased, a judge may order that other members of the baby’s family agree to provide child support. It is important to note that this type of situation does not happen very often because it depends on the financial condition of that family. It is also likely that the judge will demand compensation to be paid to the mother. The money for this compensation can be obtained through the sale of property owned by the deceased father and passed on to others as an inheritance. Since the law recognises the baby as a child, he or she is also entitled to receive part of the inheritance left by the deceased father. It is advisable to seek the advice of a lawyer.

Related Posts